As Tomb of Annhiliation comes to end I am planning my next campaign which will be based around the 4th Edition Scales of War. Some of the monsters caught my eye and decided to convert ahead of time. Here is the White Exarch of Tiamat.
|26 (+8)||10 (+0)||26 (+8)||10 (+0)||13 (+1)||14 (+2)|
Ice Walk. Chillreaver can move across and climb icy surfaces without needing to make an ability check. Additionally, difficult terrain composed of ice or snow doesn’t cost it extra movement.
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Chillreaver fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
Threatening Reach. Chillreaver can make opportunity attacks against all
enemies within his reach if any creature triggers an opportunity attack.
Two-Headed. Chillreaver rolls initiative twice and receives two full turns during a round. He rolls for recharge on each of his turns. Each time Chillreaver becomes stunned or charmed, that effect ends at the end of his next turn. He also has an additional legendary action (included).
Chillreaver’s Fury. Chillreaver can use his Frightful Presence. He then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws. He may also make a bite attack against an immobilised foe.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target.
Hit: 19 (2d10 + 8) piercing damage plus 9 (2d8) cold damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: 15 (2d6 + 8) slashing damage.
Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target.
Hit: 17 (2d8 + 8) bludgeoning damage.
Frightful Presence. Each creature of Chillreaver’s choice that is within 120 feet of him and aware of it must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune Chillreaver’s Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.
Cold Breath (Recharge 5–6). Chillreaver exhales an icy blast in a 90-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 22 Constitution saving throw, taking 72 (16d8) cold damage on a failed save and is immobilised and slowed (as the slow spell), or half as much damage on a successful one and not slowed.
Bloodied Breath. When first reduced to half his hit points Chillreaver’s breath weapon recharges, and he uses it immediately as a reaction.
Chillreaver can take 4 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The dragon regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Detect. The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
- Tail Attack. The dragon makes a tail attack.
- Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions). The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 15 feet of the dragon must succeed on a DC 22 Dexterity saving throw or take 15 (2d6 + 8) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.
- Deep Freeze. Chillreaver spits a ball of freezing ice that is so cold it burns its target. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centred on that point must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 14 (4d6) fire damage and is immobilised and stunned until the end of the creatures next turn on a failed save, or half as much damage and only immobilised until the end of the creatures next turn on a successful one.
The Chillreaver’s lair is a magically constructed iceberg called Icehome. He gets the standard lair actions of an ancient white dragon with the following additional option.
- Seed of Winter. The artifact casts dominate on the nearest hostile creature that is not resistant or immune to cold (DC 15 Wisdom saving throw). On a failed save the creature comes under the control of Chillreaver. On a successful saving throw, the creature takes 5 (2d10) cold damage and is immobilised.