The Emperor is dead, his family murdered by a daring band of bakemono (goblins). As retainers of the Divine Family you are disgraced as you failed in your duty to protect them. Before committing seppuku (ritual suicide) you will find these monsters and punish them. They will join you in Jigoku (hell) if it’s the last thing you do.
An Asian/Japanese inspired campaign.
Level: 1 to 15~20 (undecided)
- Kick Off: 25th of May and then two weeks thereafter.
- Character Abilities: Use the MM array for your character: 15, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
- Honour is a new ability score like Strength and Intelligence.
- Races: Humans (use the Great Clan info though you can be clan-less). Other
available race options: spirit folk, korobokuru, and hengeyokai.
- Classes: Anything from the players handbook (except druids) but it will need to be rethemed for Japan (including warlocks which I don’t normally allow but they will need to have Japanese appropriate pacts – mostly kami/nature related).
New Class Archetypes
- Samurai (fighter)
- Kensai (fighter) – “sword saint” master of a single weapon.
- Kensei (monk)
- Ninja (rogue)
- Shinobi (fighter)
- Wu-Jen (wizard) + unique spells.
- Komainu Rager (barbarian) – Indian inspired, turns into a lion.
- Sohei (paladin)
- Henshin Monk (monk)
- Shaman (druid)
- Shintao (monk)
- Tattooed Monk (monk)
- Void Child (sorcerer)
- Shukenja (sorcerer) – divine spellcaster + monk. Has access to the unique kami domain.
- Witch Hunter (ranger)
- Geisha (bard) female only, bard + ninja.
Other Class Changes:
- Beastmaster Rangers may also choose foo dog or foo lion as an animal
companion. Will need to work with me to make a CR appropriate version.
- Arcane spellcasters have access to unique Japanese themed familiars
– ancestral spark, lesser nature spirit, lesser phoenix and void thing.
- Deities and Demigods – the same powers rule the east as the west but their names are changed. There is also a celestial bureaucracy and a plethora of kami – nature spirits – inhabiting the world (oni are kami that have gone rogue).
- Modified gear including Japanese arms and armour.
- Unique feats for the setting:
- New Background: Yakuza
- You may be forced into a psychic duel or iaijutsu fight as well.
- Spellcasters also have access to blood magic but at the cost of their souls.
PANGAEA: CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC
These options are always available in my campaign setting:
- Child of the Atom (sorcerer)
- Mechromancer (ranger)
- Machine races – ai, android, robot and manikin
- Feat: Animal Ally and Cypher Thief
- Boons and Banes
- Latent Psionics (any character can have some talent).
- Psionic classes – including a new class – the mystic – as well a fighter and rogue archetype.
Master list of Oriental Adventure 5e stuff: