This is a conversion of a 3e prestige class but I didnt feel there was enougth here to make it an archetype but still allow someone to really focus on iaijustsu if they wanted.
Iaijutsu is the martial art of drawing a weapon (almost always a katana) and attacking with it in the same fluid motion. It is the foundation of some forms of dueling in Oriental Adventures (see Iaijutsu Duels in Chapter 6: Combat), and its masters are feared and respected throughout Rokugan and other lands where iaijutsu is practised. Iaijutsu masters harness their ki energy to strike with blinding speed and devastating power.
Iaijutsu masters are almost always members of the samurai character class. In Rokugan, they are drawn exclusively from the Crane clan, where they are trained in the Kakita school.
You gain the following benefits when you take this feat:
- You gain proficiency in the Iaijutsu Focus skill.
- You may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls with your katana (or other bonded weapon if already granted by your class – like kensai).
- Canny Defense. When not wearing armor, you add your Intelligence bonus to your Dexterity bonus to modify Armor Class while wielding a katana.
- Lightning Blade. You add your Charisma modifier to your initiative checks, as well as your Dexterity modifier (Prerequisite: proficiency bonus +3).
- Strike from the Void. You add your Charisma modifier to each extra damage die gained from using the Iaijutsu Focus skill (Prerequisite: proficiency bonus +4).
- One Strike, Two Cuts. You can make two attacks with a katana as a bonus action once per short rest (Prerequisite: proficiency bonus +5).
Strike with No Thought. If you begin combat (not an iaijutsu duel) within melee range of an opponent, you gain a free surprise round, even though your opponents are aware of your presence. The only action the iaijutsu master can take in this surprise round is a single attack using a katana. This ability reflects the iaijutsu master’s ability to apply the principles of the iaijutsu duel in normal melee combat. It does not give the iaijutsu master any additional benefit within an iaijutsu duel (Prerequisite: proficiency bonus +6).